Scope of Position
The focus of the District Sales Executive (DSE) is on achieving results that are aligned with the overall organization and its strategic goals. Initiative coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions are the keys to achieving the performance objectives of the
District Sales Executive role at Expeditors.
The DSE orchestrates involvement of multiple people in our Sales process so that new customer revenue is consistently secured for our district office and Expeditors network. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing, and provides growth opportunity, recognition, and reward for the achievement of business results. This position reports to the District Sales Manager.
These are the minimum results expected from a successful District Sales Executive
- Manage an assigned territory and demonstrate extensive knowledge of
potential customers and competitors in this area
- Timely data entry in our Customer Relationship Management tool
- Orchestrate customer / branch relationships and collaborate with
regional Product, Service, Geo, and Knowledge Management resources
- Participate in the creation of value-added solutions for customer’s logistics needs, including supporting diagrams and cost-benefit calculations
- Support the transition of new accounts through customer introductions, information transfer, and securing any necessary customer paperwork.
- When needed, support AR (accounts receivable) collection.
- Attend training & development sessions to continue developing selling skills and updating Expeditors Product and Service knowledge
- Involvement in local trade groups, as directed by the District Sales Manager
- Take on additional assignments as required, supporting company needs
Desired Skill-Sets and Characteristics
- The ability to meet with customers off-site on a regular basis
- Oral and written proficiency in the English language
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work productively both individually and in a team environment
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Comfortable with regular data entry on a laptop computer
- Strong rapport and relationship-building focused
- Empowered to make quick decisions in response to changing conditions
- Extroverted, confident, enthusiastic and persuasive
- Influences others to action
- Timeliness and accountability for results
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Bensenville