“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 18,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Scope of Position:
- Ensure a safe and secure work environment
- Maintain warehouse procedures and safety standards
- Maintain a clean and professional facility
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in a safe operational condition
- Purchase and manage inventory of packaging materials and supplies
- Prepare and manage budget for warehouse operations weekly/monthly/annually, includes staffing and overtime expenses, equipment procurement and maintenance, and facility repair
- Ensure adherence to OSHA standards such as forklift training and facility standards.
- Adheres and enforces all visitor and driver policies such as driver validation, escorts and visitor badge process.
- Ensure facility is staffed to meet demand
- Perform or oversee all aspects of warehouse staffing, includes permanent and contingent staff
- Lead team in warehouse excellence
- Ensure coverage of operations with staff who have the appropriate certifications (such as DG cert. etc.)
- Onboard newly hired staff, responsible for ensuring training records are maintained according to Expeditors Records Retention Policy
- Direct employee versatility (cross training) to allow growth and operational coverage
- Deliver daily huddle meetings with the staff. Clearly communicate expectations for the day to all supervisors/leads.
- Participate in department and branch meetings.
- Deliver One/One Meetings (minimal quarterly) and Annual Performance Review.
Operations and Quality
- Oversee all receiving, shipping, container positioning, and inventory activities following operational standards (OPS) and KPI expectations
- Improve safety, quality, delivery and cost through continuous improvement methods
- Maintain compliance to all facility certification requirements and government policies
- Participate in quoting, transitioning, and onboarding new customers
- Manage, prevent, and resolve inventory, over/short/damage, process and customer exceptions
- Plans and oversee physical inventories and cycle counts. Ensures the optimal utilization of space
- Review warehouse activities to ensure security and safety of people, facility, and freight
- Completes all required Security, H&S facility checklists in compliance with Expeditors policies
- Responsible for updating any incidents in the Security, H&S Portal.
- Consistently audit the overall output of the department for all customers using KPI / metric measurements and performance feedback on each account during the production day.
- Must support root cause and corrective action analysis, implementing solutions where it is applicable.
- Management, team leadership, customer service, and account management
- High proficiency in budgeting, profit and loss statements
- Implementation of Security, Health & Safety requirements
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems & technology (EDMS, RF, Taskman, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Expeditors process fundamentals, lean six sigma, black belt or equivalent
- Comfortable with statistics and analysis of productivity and KPI performance
Position Type: Non Exempt
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program