“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Scope of position:
Oversee and Execute all aspect of our key account while offering world-class service.
- Act as a mentor to new team members and displayed ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be a role model for all team members and support them with their daily issues.
- Support the Managers/Supervisors in the following areas: Staffing, Vacation request
- Allocate workload within the team to ensure smooth operations during peak activity or staff absence.
- Perform all operations in compliance with the Expeditors Operational Process Standards
- Coordinate daily workflow and manage expectations.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies.
- Provide warehouse staff with necessary documents and information needed to complete receiving, and to ship orders
- Allocate orders for the day. Set and hold the team accountable to daily expectations.
- Audit Small pack and Retail orders to ensure accuracy.
- Act as a liaison between the warehouse and the customer.
- Follow up on all errors. Investigation, Review, disciplinary action if necessary, report to customer.
- Coordinate special last minute request with transportation, operations, and management.
- Day to day department supervision to ensure compliance with internal policies and local regulations
- Timely review of operational reports
- Maintains equipment and assigned areas in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Completes Annual Physical inventory and Monthly cycle counts.
- Support the manager and/or the sales department where needed:
- Consistent communication with the customer
- Understand the customer’s needs and plan around their request.
- Report customer feedback to management, including any signs of customer dissatisfaction.
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and in being the role model of integrity and pride for all employees.
- Proactively communicate with the team to ensure continuous awareness and understanding of policies and regulations.
- Proactively promote the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
- Actively take part and promote productivity tools (e.g. process management)
- Be open to implementing new system changes and enhancements with your team.
- Use system/process improvements and share new suggestions.
- Set the tone for a positive working environment within the team.
- Expeditors company policies and procedures
- A good understanding of Expeditors’ products, services and systems
- Strong market and competition knowledge
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word etc.).
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Fluent in operational English, both oral and written
- Emotional resilience
- Self-reflecting and open to feedback
- Role model of integrity and pride for all employees
- Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year, including as needed management/leadership training
Education and Experience:
- Education (preferred level) high school degree
- 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program