- Salary Offer $125k to $150k basic plus commission and benefits
Director, Freight Forwarding Operations
Los Angeles Full time – 40 hours per week
Mon – Friday Salary: $125k to $150k basic plus commission and benefits
Under the direction of the Vice President – Forwarding, the Director – Freight Forwarding Operations is responsible for working with the senior management team to ensure consistent revenue stream for existing/new accounts and to develop effective operations strategies to grow all lines of the freight forwarding business for the organization. The Director will proactively work to network within the industry to seek new business opportunities and operational strategies to achieve business objectives. The position will mentor and train designated management staff to ensure succession planning for future business growth and opportunities.
- Provide proactive, collaborative efforts with senior and branch management team to network and explore potential new revenue streams of business
- Review existing accounts to consider new freight forwarding products and services for customers
- Perform research for new segments and trends within global freight forwarding business in transportation/logistics/warehousing industries
- Utilize knowledge of compliance requirements within the industry to establish new policies and practices, where lack exists. May collaborate with other divisions/departments to achieve such objectives.
- Conduct sales calls/visits/approaches in collaboration with branch operations to establish effective business relationships with customers and explore their needs. Provide regular reports to branch management teams of business development efforts on forwarding business.
- Research and develop effective operational strategies and practices to achieve
- Consistency of cost-effectiveness and efficiencies within freight forwarding operations
- Competitive positioning within the industry to increase revenue streams
- Compliance with all regulatory agencies monitoring our business activities and industry
- Define key performance indicators (KPI) to measure performance standards in forwarding operations
Responsible to mentor, train, and develop designated management staff on:
- Freight forwarding operations o Development and execution of key forwarding operations strategies
- Effective interpersonal skills to mentor and develop forwarding operations staff.
- Any other projects as assigned by senior management, from time to time.