Director, Business Development & Key Account Management – Los Angeles, San Francisco locations
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Director, Business Development & Key Account Management in the Engineering & Manufacturing Sector. The role executes DGF’s global and regional sector strategy on a country level (as aligned with global sector structure). This position manages relationships with our largest customers (as the customer point of contact on a country level); it wins, retains and develops Strategic Customers; and it plans and manages accounts.
- Manages relationship of a defined number of large and customers and prospects in a particular sector (serves as primary contact for the customer.
Seeks and prospects for new large customer targets to win new customers
- Ensures that activities are aligned with global/regional sector strategy
- Delivers the regional and/or country customer budget by maintaining a healthy pipeline, good contractual performance and proactive thinking
- Works on regional customer initiatives and implements global customer business plan
- Collects relevant customer information for the RFI/RFP/RFQ and prepares documents for customer implementation in order to ensure proper operational handover and implementation to meet customer expectations (SLA’s & SOP’s)
Your skills and experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline and 8-11 years of experience in related field or MS/MA and generally 5-7 years of experience in related field.
- 3-5 years logistics industry experience and experience in selling in competitive markets
- Good communication and presentation skills
- High degree of self-confidence, initiative and commitment
- PC literate, excellent organizational, communication incl. telephone and writing skills