“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
A Digital Transformation Specialist operates our optical character recognition (OCR) software powered by AnyDoc and validates data capture accuracy. The use of this application supports our operational teams in driving efficiency and optimizing data processing.
The Digital Transformation Specialist will validate data capture accuracy, ensure captured data adheres to data governance rules, and perform analytics and work with operational teams to identify targets for digital transformation. You will also develop data capture templates in our in-house document data extraction software and other tools.
This is a data analysis and governance role in a cross-departmental environment where the specialist will leverage their operational knowledge and technical aptitude to develop and audit solutions that collect data from documents for the end-user and execute upon Expeditors’ digital transformation strategy.
This role will:
- Review, validate, and correct information extracted by the OCR system
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to identify optimal targets, determine the proper strategy for digital transformation, and execute that strategy
- Collect, cleanse, and transform data with a focus on first time quality and adherence to business rules
- Use data analytics and other skills to develop extraction algorithms using our various digital transformation tools
- Assess the effectiveness of extraction algorithms and identify defects in the extraction process
- Support end users on understanding extracted data
- Maintain a current and thorough understanding of AnyDoc software and our in-house data extraction software
- Provide weekly updates to stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to learn and retain complex material
- Excellent time management skills
- Experienced in defect finding and root cause analysis
- Constructive and methodical approach to problem solving and risk mitigation
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Thorough understanding of data governance
- High technical aptitude
Practical knowledge of Visual Basic, Python, or other object-oriented programming language
Employee can reside at any district in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
Expeditors offers world-class benefits such as:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program