- Salary offer ▵ $60,000 - $70,000 p/a
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service and helping make our Company profitable.
- Processes orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Performs daily order and shipping activities to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction; solves and communicates issues as they occur.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers, Sales personnel and freight forwarders in support of department goals and objectives
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies industry knowledge and critical-thinking skills to adapt processes / create solutions in response to challenges, both internally and externally.
- Executes/coordinates tasks on shipments to meet all customer SOP requirements to include processing, pre-alerts, delivery of freight, governmental filings, etc.
- Dispatches pick-ups to authorized agents and drayage companies, shipping lines, airlines, trucking companies, clearing agents, warehouse and all other parties involved in the shipment.
- Promotes a positive working relationship for all team members.
- Collaborates, develops and builds relationships with international transportation carriers and agent representatives regarding air, ocean, import and export products.
- Prepares all necessary shipping documentation related to international bookings and processes all import and export documentation to clearing agents to include HAWBs, MAWBs, AESs, manifests, shipping instructions, hazardous cargo declarations, bills of lading, certificates of origin, etc.
- Coordinates the routing of import and export bookings with airline and ocean carriers.
- Acts as a liaison with Customs Brokers and agents as well as ocean and air terminal operators.
- Completes invoicing and billing processes.
- Complies with all applicable regulations.
- Communicates clearly, timely and effectively with customers, agents, outside vendors and internal personnel.
- Understanding of the processes, documentation and terminology involved in international shipping and defense logistics.
- Timely preparation of rates and quotes for customers and overseas agents.
- Maintains operational excellence.
- Other special projects or duties as assigned by management.
The ideal candidate will have the following
- 5 years of international freight forwarding experience
- Familiarity with export/import controls and regulations
- Knowledge of ITAR
- Dangerous Goods certification
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively to ensure timely responses and completion of tasks / projects; ability to tolerate periods of stress and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding customer service skills; thorough with follow-up and follow-through.
- Ability to acquire TSA certification (required).
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in defense logistics and / or freight forwarding operations, or a combination of the two.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with government or defense logistics clients.
- ITAR compliance and shipping experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency with Cargowise preferred.
- Strong command of the English language, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively
- Ability to squat, bend and reach for filing purposes.
- Eight (8) or more hours sitting and working on a computer; up to two (2) hours per day standing and / or walking.
- Primarily office environment with some warehouse.
- Some light warehouse work as necessary to strap, label, examine and accept freight.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Elkridge