- Maintain a working knowledge of NAM federal, state, provincial, and local DG and HS compliance as applicable to Air, Rail, Road, Warehouse, Depot, and Cross-border operations
- Act as the subject matter expert for internal stakeholders and partner with external stakeholders to foster value-adding relationships
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement NAM DG and HS acceptance protocols.
- Develop and administer strategies, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, that will ensure DG and/or HS are accepted, offered, stored, handled, and transported safely and in compliance with Centre DG/HS and NAM HSSE protocols, 49 CFR, IATA, country Hazard Communication/workforce safety regulations, and applicable waste disposal
- Develop the NAM DG and/or HS Compliance and Assessment Program.
- Provide relevant training to internal stakeholder to ensure understanding and conduct regular assessments of all locations involved with DG and/or HS business and report findings to senior internal stakeholders.
- Track corrective actions to completion.
- Oversee the selection, development, and rollout of function-specific training regarding the DG and/or HS business and risk management.
- Regularly assess these requirements and provide approval for facilities/operations to continue with DG and/or HS business only if training/certification is valid
- Provide DG and/or HS approval to internal stakeholders once satisfied the applicable location(s) are in compliance with Maersk and regulatory requirements
- Partner with the Centre DG, HS, and Legal teams to ensure NAM follows applicable protocols and keep internal stakeholders aware of pending changes.
- Use this partnership to leverage continued improvement across NAM and, as deemed appropriate, facilitate growth of the NAM book of DG and HS business in support of external stakeholder needs
- Maintain a working list of NAM locations that are involved with the DG and HS business. Oversee the vetting of these locations, as applicable, to ensure we are operating within contract limitations and not exposing landlords to unwanted risk(s)
- Oversee the timely reporting of DG accidents and injuries in accordance with Maersk and regulatory requirements.
- Work to identify root causes and communicate corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with Center, Maersk legal, NAM subject matter experts, and regulatory organizations to foster DG safety and compliance.
- Develop leading KPIs for the DG business.
- Ability to operate successfully in a complex environment with multiple internal and external stakeholders across several levels
- Ability to influence stakeholders, both internal and external, to achieve our business objectives
- Customer Service – Responds to requests for training, employee engagement and business partner needs.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Professionalism – treats others with respect regardless of their status or position.
- Self-starter, proactive approach to situations
- Attention to detail a must
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Charlotte