Responsible for coordination of the documentation required by US Customs/Government Agencies for entry of goods into the US on behalf of importers.
- Provide impeccable customer service
- Obtain correct classification of goods for customs release from database, SOP’s, tariff book, internet or customs.
- Data entry and processing of various import related documentation for submission to US Customs and may handle all PGA’s (participating Government Agencies)
- Maintain and keep current all shipment documentation in compliance with all record keeping requirements.
- Adhere to all international importing and exporting regulations.
- Work closely with other internal staff, departments, other fedex operations, and customers to deliver high level of service to customers.
- Process agency brokerage shipments.
- May handle remote filings
- Ensure all government and organizational policies are followed.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- No industry experience required.
- Minimum of 6 months work experience preferred.
- Data entry/keyboard experience required.
- Required – MS Office, Outlook, Office equipment (phone, fax, photocopier, printer, scanner). Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Organizational Skills.
- Inter-personal skills.
- Problem solving Skills.
- Handle high volume of work.
- Handle time sensitive work.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to use multiple systems and reference material.
- Interact with customers, carriers, brokers, government agencies, internal staff, management of all levels, internal departments.
- Performs other or additional duties as assigned.
- Paid Training Provided.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Memphis