As a Customs Supervisor, you’ll lead and guide a team of Customs Administrators, focussing on customer excellence and coordinating the efficient operation and administration of the services within your remit and in accordance with the Transit schedule.
- To provide comprehensive daily supervision, guidance and any required in-house training to direct reports; direct and support you your team with compliance matters to ensure adherence.
- Responsibility for customer expectations throughout the movement of cargo and of understanding the customs processes and requirements for the third country import and export routes under your control and ensuring all aspects are dealt with appropriately.
- Liaise with freight forwarding branches nationally to gain an understanding of the level of sales activity and to resolve issues for the future when business has not been obtained for any reason.
- Resolve any issues relating to the failure of the service under your responsibility
- Support the Customs Manager and take responsibility in their absence for procedures relating to absence management and general operational HR administrative duties.
- To ensure that any commitment made to the business, our customers and partners is realistic and once this commitment has been made to ensure that it is achieved and any issues are dealt with proactively.
- Work collaboratively with the invoice administration team providing clear and accurate details and to ensure that all invoicing deadlines are achieved.
- To understand the customs processes and requirements for third country import and export routes under your control. Ensuring all aspects are dealt with correctly, maintaining compliance to company procedures and HM Revenue & Customs.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Ideally you will have customs experience and / or experience of working in a forwarding or logistics environment. If your customs experience relates to procedures for European road logistics, that would be ideal.
- Customer service excellence will be a real strength.
- Highly motivated and an experienced leader and manager.
- Collaboration sits at the heart of our values so we’re looking for managers who understand that team work drives better outcomes.
- Innovative, solution oriented and a good problem solver; able to get to the root cause.
- An excellent level of literacy and numeracy with a high level of attention to detail.
- A positive approach and a good sense of humour will stand you in good stead – collaboration sits at the heart of our values but the environment is fast paced.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 78,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.