Tasks & Responsibilities
- Plans, implements, and supervises operation plan to ensure compliance with CBP regulations, responds to any deviations of the process and communicates exceptions and resolution suggestions to appropriate management
- Frequently interacts with team, outside customers, and/or functional peer groups at various management levels. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, and conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules, etc.
- Develops team atmosphere focused on internal and external customer service and drives performance to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met
- Selects, places, and trains staff and define specific job assignments within specialty teams
- Monitors and maintains working knowledge of brokerage teamwork activity, balance capacity and workload, while seeking improvement in the process and team efficiency
- Manages operational reporting / exception reporting to ensure timely and accurate processing, issue resolution and timely submission of all customs activities.
- Reviews files to ensure the documents are properly organized, and shipment notes are timely, accurate and informative
- Supports brokerage functions such as classification, entry of goods, filing entries with CBP, bond cancellations, customs inspections and release of shipments
- Possesses strong knowledge and understanding of Partner Government Agency, interprets Customs regulations for applying correct classification to imported products
- Monitors timely account set up, client profiles; including regular review to ensure proper maintenance and central location along with client written instructions, CF28s/29s, etc., and billing activities; including but not limited to cost control, statement processing and Customs duty discrepancy
- Supports entry compliance including file audit and review, adherence to CBP and partner government agency laws and client requirements, release of bonded cargo, timely and accurate payment of duties, post entry activities, and related CBP requests.
- Assists with post entry activity and ensure timely submission to CBP and associated tracking through final closure.
- Performs audit activities as needed in accordance with Schenker, governmental regulatory and client requirements and ensure action plans are developed and implemented.
- Works closely with transportation teams and peer-managers to seek mutual benefiting process and workflows
- Monitors and controls files within brokerage processing tools to maintain process flows
- Analysis of situation or data
- Exercise judgment of procedures and policies to determine appropriate action
- Act as advisor to team as required to meet schedules or resolve problems
- “Customer First” focus, collaborating with and advising clients to support their objectives Special Knowledge:
- Customs brokerage license is required. FTZ knowledge/experience is preferred.
- Understand results and impact of erroneous decisions or delays in process on internal and external customers
- Significant technical experience in import operations, customs and participating governmental agency regulations required.
- Strong classification skills and associated regulatory knowledge required Soft Skills:
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills required
- Prior proven supervisory experience is required.
- Excellent organizational skills needed to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Queens