The Customs Brokerage Entry Writer will coordinate the documentation required by US Customs and Border Protection for entry goods into the United States on behalf of importers.
What will you enjoy doing (duties/tasks)
- Will perform audit review on all assigned brokerage files.
- Accomplish audit review on all assigned payments to customs.
- Maintain and keep current all customs compliance documentation.
- Will obtain Customs release and other government agency releases.
- Arrange both delivery and the invoicing of the import account for services rendered.
- Review and monitor all Customs rejections, requests for information for clients and any other government agency, and other correspondence.
- Identify all billable services related to exams, deliveries, storage, detention, demurrage and complete/update billing documentation and or systems.
What you need to succeed
Qualifications, experience, skills, attributes
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in international freight forwarding industry
- Working knowledge of OGA’s – FDA, FCC, USDA, FWS, etc.
- High school diploma of equivalent required
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards
- Familiarity with customs regulations
Why You’ll Love DB Schenker
Many of our jobs come with great benefits-including healthcare, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement.
- Earn up to 15 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Full Health Insurance on day one (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Career Advancement. We’re strong believers in continual training and development for our people. After all, your success is our success
- Your Safety is important to us, so we will provide protective gear
- Health Advocacy support for you and your family
- Employee discounts
- Company Paid life insurance
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) option
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ College Park