About Freightlink/ Customslink
Established in 2003 Freightlink Solutions is one of the largest freight ferry ticket agencies in Europe, currently covering more than 750 ferry routes connecting over 50 countries.
We are specialists in areas of the logistics supply chain demanding ultra-focused standards of support with customers throughout all areas of industry.
Over the last 16 years the company has focused on Customer Service, with a particular emphasis on digital excellence and during the last five years we have experienced an unparalleled level of growth. Our ongoing investment in digital platforms, developed by our own team of onsite developers, means Freightlink always offers market leading technology and makes Freightlink Solutions the most customer focussed freight ferry booking agency in Europe.
The secret of our success has been the continued investment in our people. Our team has doubled over the last four years, boasting a skilled multi-lingual team offering exemplary standards of sales and customer service to their 7000 customers throughout Europe.
To go a step further in supporting our customers we offer a solution to the complexities of customs declarations by making the process understandable and accessible to anyone. Our advanced technology-driven solution Customslink means completing customs declarations is made quicker and simpler than ever before.
Being aware of the challenges faced by exporters, importers, and hauliers in completing customs paperwork and ever-changing political environment we are now recruiting for a Customs Specialist to join our new Customs Department. This is an amazing opportunity for someone to join the Company at an important time as we continue to grow and develop our Customs Broker Service.
If you are looking for a new and exciting venture where no day is the same, where you will be challenged daily and you will be working with friendly and collaborative team then please continue to read and apply.
The successful candidate will be solution and results driven with hands on approach and in-depth working experience in customs matters, such as (including but not limited), value, classification and origin determination, duty relief schemes to fulfil this advisory and operational role. You will support the wider customs team so we can develop further our customs brokerage. You will have 5 years proven experience of Customs Clearance, and 12 months management experience, and be ready to take the next step in their career development.
Duties will include but are not limited to
• Providing information to your team and customers directly relating to HMRC customs and excise for the export of shipments via road, air &/or sea
• Taking responsibility for the documentation relating to the export and import of goods worldwide – processing clearance documentation, preparation of C88 / SAD / EAD / CFSP / NCTS / EMCS for example
• Advising on the documentation necessary for direct import/export, transit movements (e.g. ATA Carnets, Bill of Lading, Certificate of Conformity etc)
• Ensuring that all necessary custom clearance processes post Brexit are implemented in a timely and accurate fashion
• Utilising your knowledge of customs tariffs, CPC codes and security declarations
• Working alongside the Head of Customs to agree and implement business strategy
• Supporting and contributing to our customs training programme with delivery of some aspects of the training
• Where required – attending industry seminars to network / maintain knowledge
• Assisting with the development of our digital platform for customs (no coding experience required)
• Supporting Head of Customs with development and implementation of business, training and sales strategy
The successful candidate must
• Have a background within the customs and excise of goods via road, air &/or sea
• Have knowledge of Customs software HMRC Chief & experience of using software packages such as Destin8, ASM, CargoWise, Sequoia, MiC, Spire, Data Freight &/or SAP
• Have active skill to complete declarations.
• Ideally have freight forwarding background
• NCTS experience would be great advantage
• Have an in-depth knowledge of the working regulations of HMRC
• Possess leadership skills, willing to invest in and assist the trainee staff
• Be driven in providing the most time effective solution to customers looking to export goods
• Have an excellent standard of communication both written and verbal
• Show a strong attention to detail
• Have the ability to work within a team and independently
• Have a proven standard of excellent work ethic
• Competitive salary depending upon experience
• Home and office working available
• 40 hours per week, 08:00 – 18:00 (flexible team rota – to be finalised)
• We do ask that applicants would be happy to take responsibility for supporting the team by answering calls from their team outside of these hours on a rota basis as a shared responsibility within the management team.
• Full time, permanent position
• Pension scheme
• Life insurance (following successful probationary period)
• Staff discounted ferry scheme
• Perks Discount
• On site free parking
• Regular social evens
• Training and personal development opportunities
• Support of a management team who encourage your success and the opportunity to work in rapidly growing multilingual organisation.