The Entry Writer is responsible for the inbound shipment process adherence to the local customs authority and any other government agencies which may have jurisdiction. Their duties are also to provide high level customer service and problem resolution in order to ensure timely customs release.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process customs entries and all other related government agency interfaces that may apply
- Meet service level requirements in accordance to the client standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Meet entry preparation and submission requirements based on client SOP, product service level and/or country and government agency requirements
- Prioritize work based on estimated time of arrival (ETA), product service level, workflow processes, last free day and transportation mode
- Classify entry per client SOP, Parts Database, and/or direction from licensed customs broker/classification specialist
- Enter required shipment data and customs data into the brokerage system
- Proactively work with government agencies and customs authorities to resolve issues
- The entry writer may fill the position of a lead in a brokerage group.
- They may manage dispatchers, documentation personnel and others as necessary to complete the customs entry process.
Educational background / Work experience
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years experience working as an entry writer
- License Customs Broker (preferred but not required)
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of OGA’s – FDA, FCC, USDA, FWS, etc.
- High level of customer service
- Familiarity with customs regulations
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English and local country language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to adapt to new software easily
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Laredo