Manage and develop custom brokerage product initiatives and business process improvement programs to achieve established corporate goals and vision including analysis and effective implementation of product initiatives using existing business systems applications, product training modules, development materials, guidelines and policies. Ensure all projects, initiatives, and programs are managed within the established regulatory guidelines and in compliance with the prescribed US government regulations and corporate compliance standards.
What are you going to do?
- Develop, implement, and manage effective import product specific projects to maximize efficiency, profitability and regulatory compliance for corporate and regional operating units.
- Define, develop and implement analysis tools to measure and review existing operations and guidelines to ensure compliance and efficiency in import operations.
- Coordinate measurement and monitoring of defined import and customs brokerage initiatives for growth and operations excellence including development of regular reporting techniques and analysis for root-cause examination and improvement operations.
- Objectively review existing analysis and measurement tools to determine efficiency and compliance to existing product and regulatory compliance standards.
- Develop audit methodology to ensure existing guidelines, procedures and regulatory compliance requirements are met by all product and regional locations.
- Utilize all available tools, including review and analysis of professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations in order to remain current on all emerging government import compliance initiatives.
- Conduct periodic on-site review audits and provide operational assistance to all field operations as requested to insure consistency and quality of service.
- Support business development requirements in all US field offices for import and customs brokerage as required.
What are we looking for?
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Civil Law, Economics or a related discipline required.
- Minimum three to five years related experience in an importing and/or customs brokerage environment.
- Minimum one to two years import industry experience or experience within a global logistics provider or within the logistics/compliance department of a global importer/exporter.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Familiarity with customer brokerage operating application.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with Chapter 19 of the Code of Federal Regulation (19CFR) and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the US (USHTS).
- Ability to analyse complex problems and develop appropriate solutions.
What do we have to offer?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including important offerings like pet insurance.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. This role can be the first step on your career path with us. You can stay in the same job family, find a new family to grow in (an almost limitless number of options) or find your own path. Join CEVA for a challenging and rewarding career.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Portland