- Salary offer ▵ $50,000 - $62,000 p/a
This position will serve as a point of contact for the documentation and clearance of import shipments of all commodities. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years Ocean/Air Import customs brokerage & PGA experience, including tariff classification with supervision. The position requires knowledge of operations for air & ocean import customs clearance and domestic / international transportation processes.
- Enter Customs classifications, ISF, CBP & International documentation compliance.
- Process ACE Transmissions.
- Coordinates the release of goods with carriers, CBP, and other governmental agencies as required; ensures compliance of government regulations.
- Process air and ocean import shipments; total account maintenance (from A-Z)
- Tracks and monitors incoming shipments and ETA’s regarding import cargo movement; arranges for pick-up and transfer of cargo.
- Updates shipment status, issues arrival notices and obtains entry documents for customs entries.
- Prepares documentation from overseas agents; assists in preparing required import documentation, classification, and submission to CBP.
- Prepares and communicates quotes to agents, customers, inside sales and provides accurate rates to clients.
- Processes ISF filings and communicates with customs to confirm release status of commodities.
- Assists with tariff classification for imported goods.
- Resolve accounting items. Respond promptly and professionally to customer’s requests and inquiries via phone and email.
- Serves as a liaison to the customer regarding all shipment details.
- Establish new accounts through manager and referrals.
- High School Diploma required, BA/BS preferred.
- Minimum 2 years related experience in customs brokerage and/or international trade activities. Preferred experience in Atlanta area for 2 years.
- Air, FCL and LCL Experience.
- Import Freight Forwarding experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of import regulatory documentation requirements including: Arrival Notices, Bills of Lading, Commercial invoices, Harmonized Tariff codes, Binding Rulings, Protests, etc.
- The ability to handle multiple accounts and total maintenance (from A-Z) including FDA Seafood and Fish & Wildlife.
- Knowledge of C-TPAT compliance.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in operational clearance of import shipments in compliance with U.S.CBP regulations, FDA, USDA, and EPA & DOT.
- Highly developed communication and customer service skills.
- The ability to work well with others and to function well under pressure.
- Be able to analyze and prioritize tasks and projects; change routine as needed.
- Efficient and effective judgement and decision-making skills.
- Highly developed organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Atlanta