If you’re eager to become part of logistics industry, if you’re ready to expand your knowledge, become part of our great import team, and are ready to work with experienced professional Customs brokers, this job opportunity is for you!
We encourage teamwork, relationship building, and encourage a collaborative approach. We provide thorough training. This is an opportunity to learn, and expand your knowledge in Customs Brokerage/Freight Forwarding field, and build a career within our fast-paced growing team! Apply now!
An ideal candidate is someone that follows the values of Yusen
- Creative – strive to develop better ways of working – then act on them and share them with colleagues
- Committed – build relationships, show your dedication to qualify and get every detail right
- Connected – be open and transparent in the way you work and make sure you truly understand your customers’ challenges
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and review documentation to input and transmit data for CBP release of shipments.
- Follow SOP’s for each customer on the correct method and data required for preparing an entry.
- Ownership of Harmonized Tariff Schedule ( HTS) databases for customer account base to ensure compliance of CBP and customer requirements
- Use product files for identification of HTS details on the commercial invoice
- Report to supervisor the completion of entry tasks release of cargo
- Report to supervisor exceptions to established clearance requirements
- Organize the work area to identify the status of every file through every phase of the CBP entry process.
- Confirm to customers the release details through pre-established communications protocols
- Responsible for meeting KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) for Import operations
- Complete all other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Track and trace shipments and coordinate with steamship lines, freight forwarders and CFS on the availability of imported shipments
- Arrange with trucking companies the pick-up and delivery of freight
- Coordinate with supervisors delivery exceptions and special delivery instructions
- Handle accounting processes as they apply to CHB including the issuance of invoices to customers or overseas offices as well as the processing of payment requisitions.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required,
- 0-2 years of experience and/or training in an import operation.
- Must have good team working skills and verbal reporting skills.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft office Suite programs
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ College Park