Tasks & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the transmission and clearance or transfer of cargo, confirming all necessary data and documents are available for entry.
- Research, resolve and communicate operational or entry problems utilizing system notes and directly working with other specialty teams, client or vendors.
- Review key elements related to client requirements that include accounting, credit, Customs bond, audit instructions and billing packets in accordance with client instructions and company policies.
- Review entry details and verify for compliance data related to calculation of duties, duty policy, Participating Government Agencies, trade agreements, prior notice or any specific requests by Customs for the proper filing for release.
- Monitor the release and follow up on all ABI/AMS messages including rejects, holds and exam messages, working with government personnel to ensure timely release of cargo.
- Enter all billing charges into system and create client billing packet and other tasks as assigned.
Deliverables & Achievable
- Achievable of timely, accurate and compliant processing of Customs entries, ensure proper processes are followed and communicated for timely release of imported goods.
- Business Skills
- General personal computer skills with working knowledge of the MS Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
- General knowledge of customs and participating government agency regulations.
- General knowledge of the harmonized tariff schedule required.
- General knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
Good interpersonal and organizational skills required
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Atlanta