- Salary Offer Up to £25,000 depending on experience
Applicants without the required /essential experience will not be considered for this position and need not apply.
The successful applicant will be required to evidence a full 5 year continuous employment history. If you have known gaps in your employment that cannot be evidenced please do not apply.
All round customs clearance knowledge – essential
Knowledge of Import & Export Customs – essential
Experience working in a Freight Forwarder / Logistics
environment would be an advantage
Understanding of Air/Ocean/Road freight would be advantageous
This is a full time role 37.5 hours per week, however flexibility is required to start and finish times
• Completing day to day Customs Clearing and entries for all air, sea and road freight shipments. Create, manage and maintain the correct documentation as each case progresses.
• Maintain Data input accuracy. Deal with customer enquiries in writing, in person or by phone providing accurate advice and estimates when required.
• Telephone and/or written communication with external organisations e.g. HMRC, Port Authorities, Shipping Lines, Hauliers etc.
• Obtain necessary Bill of Ladings and correct Tariff Headings. Obtain payments from customers in line with company policy.
• Calculating Duty / VAT cost for each consignment
• Processing Import/Export declarations
• Dealing with general enquiries from importers / exporters, Internal & external sources concerning all areas, relating to Customs Procedures, Tariff Classifications, Duty Rates and any other documentation requirements
• Keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
• Work with different departments in multiple locations to prepare a complete list of Jobs (Shipments requiring customs entries) for the day
• Post holder will be cross trained to provide cover for other departments if needed
Applicants interested in this role should forward their CV to email@example.com
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-2