Work as part of a team to ensure that Customs Brokerage, ETSF Operations and Customs Declarants are fully compliant and operational at all times.
Working within a team of dedicated Customs Declarants, maintaining ETSF Inventory, to ensure that all customs documentation meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods on Air, Sea and Road shipments.
Maintain the flow of goods/consignments in/out ETSF without interpution.
- Review supporting documents provided in relation to the required clearance to ensure Customs clearances are compliant in accordance with Customs and company regulation.
- Prepare and process under supervision import, export and transit customs entries according to Customs regulations, laws, or procedures using our Customs software ASM Sequoia, others, and monitoring pending clearances.
- Calculate customs taxes owed on shipments if required.
- Communicate with customers on Customs enquiries.
- Interface with HMRC regarding compliance issues as required in conjunction with senior members of the operational team.
- Support with invoicing and administrative duties in relation to the recovery and finalization of clearances.
- Creation of Customer Accounts
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Pro-active approach to work, managing own work loads
- Consistency applied to all tasks assigned
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in their work
- Ability to deal with customers problems efficiently and professionally.
- Strong team player who is self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy and conscientious.
- Awareness of GB, EU & 3rd Country Customs
- Awareness of Multiple modes of Transport
- A Minimum of five GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience within the shipping industry/freight forwarding (Customs bias desirable)
- A good level of numeracy and literacy
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills – with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- ETSF In/Out
- Export/Import Customs Declarations
- Authorised Consignor/Consignee
- T1/ Transit Agreements
- Deferment usage and accrual
- Understanding and/or Writing or SOP & WI
- Sanctions checking