- Salary offer ▵ Up to £26,000
We are looking for a Customs Co-ordinator to be part of our Customs team based at our Basildon Office.
You will assist in areas of customs, directing and supporting multiple parties to ensure timely clearance of goods.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 08.30 hours – 17.30 hours – one-hour unpaid lunch [1 in 6 Saturdays 08.30 hours – 17.30 hours
Salary: Up to £26,000
With 70 years of history, our company has established best-practice standards in ground transportation, air and ocean shipments, customs clearance, and supply chain management.
Still a family run company where people are treated as people, not numbers and considered for their value. With unchanged passion we strive to balance a growing company in a highly competitive industry, with family ethics and social responsibility…. with C.A.R.E…
Duties and Responsibilities
- To Co-ordinate Import and Export activities for the resident site, conforming to HM Revenue & Customs regulations and the following governing departments & organisations using the appropriate business systems where applicable.
- Checking & monitoring of Freight/courier invoices for payment ensuring accurate costing, charging to project where applicable in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate and control dispatching of goods
- Liaise with Customs legal counsel to check Export controls and licensing requirements
- Ensure all HM Revenue & Customs duty liabilities are fulfilled, minimising cost
- Liaise with, customers, suppliers, necessary agents and customs authorities to address
any issues/questions arising from business activities
- Check invoices for both import and export brokerage and liaise with the broker / finance
to resolve any invoice / payment issues
- High volumes of data entry on spreadsheets
- Ensuring insurance claims are given to the claims department immediately
- Raising necessary paperwork concerning all movements of Dangerous Goods
- Making customs entry amendment requests to HMRC
- Any other ad hoc tasks as and when required and instructed by the Line Manager
- Support with any work related to ETSF
Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Working experience of Exports/Imports & Customs Compliance and regulations (at least 2 years’ experience)
- Knowledge of customs requirements and formalities with particular focus on UK & EU
- Experience in road transport, logistics or haulage (Desirable)
- HMRC amendment and reclaim experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft packages especially Ms Excel and other
- Must be able to prioritise and organise own workload with attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be flexible with their working hours.
Along with 20 days annual leave + Public holidays and yearly pension review we offer the following benefits:
- Confidential EAP platform for you and your immediate family members as spouse/partners and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education, living in the same household
- Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
- After completing six months’ service, Alpi Uk Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After one year’s service company contributions increase 9% for the Group personal Pension Plan.
- Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed)