- Salary Offer £2000-£24000
About the Company
The John Good Group is one of the UK’s leading independent family owned shipping, logistics and corporate travel providers. A key player in the shipping and travel industries since 1833, John Good is the third-party logistics (3PL) and corporate travel provider of choice to the SME sector. The John Good family remains actively involved in the business ensuring that the family heritage, values and history sit firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Having experienced significant, continuous growth over the past 15 years, the John Good Group has recently been ranked 16 out of 200 of the highest performing private companies based on international growth in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
The new role holder can work from any of the John Good Logistics offices across the country in Hull, Manchester, Bradford, Liverpool, Felixstowe, London Gateway or Plymouth.
About the Role
Working within the freight forwarding division of 3PL provider John Good Logistics, as part of a team to cater for expansion ahead of Brexit and the associated increase in Import & Export customs clearance volumes.
• Complete all Customs entries from start to finish for imports and exports
• Liaise with Port Health and Customs officials on document checks
• Checking import tariffs and trade agreements Dealing with various modes of transport – Road and Sea
• Dealing with a variety of commodities
• Receipt and process of inbound EDI
• Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently
• Build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Complete customs procedures codes and excise
• Invoicing customers
• Raise issues of non-compliance and ensure remedial action is completed in accordance with customs regulations and UK/ International law
• Ensure all invoicing (notably VAT and Duty invoices) is completed in a timely manner
• Customs Clearance experience including familiarisation with customs processes, customs systems and HMRC regimes
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Identify areas for continuous improvement
• Good problem-solving skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Company Pension Scheme
• 25 days Holiday excluding Bank Holidays
• Excellent remuneration
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-2