- Salary offer ▵ £25,000 (DOE)
Job Summary: The Customs Clerk is responsible for providing administrative support and assisting with customs-related processes and documentation.
They work closely with customs authorities, freight forwarders, and internal teams to ensure compliance with customs regulations and facilitate the smooth movement of goods across international borders.
- Customs Documentation
- Assist in preparing and reviewing customs documentation, including import and export declarations, customs invoices, and certificates of origin, ensuring accuracy and compliance with customs regulations.
- Collaborate with suppliers, freight forwarders, and other stakeholders to obtain necessary documentation required for customs clearance.
- Maintain organized records of customs documentation and ensure they are readily accessible for reference and audit purposes.
- Customs Clearance
- Coordinate with customs brokers or agents to facilitate the submission of customs declarations and ensure timely customs clearance.
- Liaise with customs authorities to address any inquiries, requests for additional information, or issues related to customs clearance.
- Monitor the status of customs clearance processes and communicate updates to relevant parties, including internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Tariff Classification
- Assist in determining the correct tariff classification of imported and exported goods based on product descriptions and specifications.
- Research and stay updated on changes in tariff codes and customs regulations related to tariff classification.
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as procurement and logistics, to ensure accurate product information for proper tariff classification.
- Compliance and Regulatory Requirements
- Stay current with customs regulations, tariffs, and trade agreements to ensure compliance with import and export requirements.
- Verify that shipments adhere to legal and regulatory obligations, such as licensing, permits, and restrictions on specific goods.
- Assist in conducting internal audits to identify and address any non-compliance issues related to customs processes.
- Data Management
- Input and maintain accurate data related to customs documentation, including shipment details, customs codes, and duty calculations, in relevant systems or databases.
- Generate reports and analyze data to support customs compliance activities and facilitate decision-making processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of digital solutions to enhance data management and automate customs-related processes.
- Communication and Coordination
- Communicate effectively with internal departments, including procurement, logistics, and finance, to ensure the timely flow of information regarding customs requirements and documentation.
- Collaborate with freight forwarders, customs brokers, and other external stakeholders to facilitate smooth customs processes and resolve any issues or discrepancies.
- Respond promptly to inquiries from internal and external parties regarding customs-related matters.
- Professional Development
- Stay informed about industry trends, changes in customs regulations, and best practices through continuous learning and professional development opportunities.
- Participate in relevant training programs to enhance knowledge of customs procedures, regulations, and documentation requirements.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ GBP
- Job town/city ▵ Basildon