- Salary offer ▵ DOE
- As a Customs Clearance Team Lead you will work as part of a team and report to National Manager.
- You will be involved in calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid.
- You will be entering details onto specialised customs software including CHIEF, CNS, Destin8 and CFSP.
- Knowledge of ICE Clearance platform preferable but not essential
- Allocating the correct licence depending on type of goods being imported.
- Knowledgeable in handling foodstuffs an advantage. Being fully conversant with the IPAFF system to include CHED D and CHED P
- Knowledge of customs procedure codes (CPC’S) essential.
- You will be required to be fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations. You will be expected to maintain your understanding and keep up to date with changes as they occur, so as to be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
- Good communication skills as you will be liaising with personal throughout UK offices to determine correct commodity codes and accurate information to complete custom entry.
- Directs and coordinates a team of Customs Specialists performing the customs entries or support of customs entries in daily operations
- Manages team productivity and develops initiatives for efficiency improvements
- Identifies training needs and opportunities to develop Customs Operations Team
- Ensures all work for assigned department/team is completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Supports in KPI achievements by monitoring and driving performance and evaluating Customs Operations Specialist team members
- Ensures compliance standards
- Monitoring customer queries in a timely manner with the Team.