- Assist new clients in onboarding/account setup process, ensuring compliance with all Regulatory agencies governing the US import process.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues with US Customs Entries and Other Government Agency entries
- Assist internal and external customers with inquiries regarding the US Customs process and regulations
- Act as customer service contact for DHL US Brokerage customers
- Dispatch shipments for delivery as they are released from US Customs
- Prioritize dispatches based on customer requirements & shipment specifics
- Resolve internal/external customer complaints / irregularities
- Track final delivery through to customers door
- Operational accounting and vendor invoice review and validation
Skills / Requirements
- Strong customer service skills (internal and external)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of US Customs Regulations and Tariffs
- Strong knowledge of other Government agency regulations as they apply to the Customs Clearance process
- Ability to manage vendor performance and challenge service providers when commitments are not met
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong computer skills and the ability to adapt to new operating systems.
- HS diploma or GED required
- Generally 2-4 years of experience in area of responsibility
- Ability to work independently in both day to day tasks, as well as problem solving
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers’ increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Sharon Hill