- Salary offer ▵ DOE
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers.
The Customs Brokerage Manager is responsible for the process and activities for managing the governmental compliance and processing of the import filings of goods into U.S.
Essential duties & responsibilities
The Manager position can be broken down into these areas of responsibility: Compliance, Operational Excellence, People Management, Cost Control and Revenue Growth.
- Ensure that customs and governmental processes, procedures and activities are performed and managed based on global, country port, & mode of transport specific governmental regulations.
- Keep abreast of laws and regulations regarding brokerage compliance and develop specific programs to ensure that personnel are properly trained and equipped with the knowledge to maintain a compliant environment.
- Responsible for use of company and client funds and negotiable documents so as to ensure that there are not any violations of governmental, banking or corporate standards.
- Required to post Customs Brokerage License as permit qualifier in local port.
- Manage and deliver on client’s commitments based on local, national, and global strategies
- Ensure staff is both productive and maintaining quality necessary to meet company and client expectations
- Monitor implementation of new accounts to ensure all KPIs are met
- Seek cost efficiencies and process improvements within different functions of the products & departments and work with the support and alignment of the GOP team to implement as appropriate
- Ensure proper staffing for coverage of clearance across all modes of transport (Air, Ocean, Rail, Truck)
- Develop working relationships with clients, corporate compliance, branch managers, Air & Ocean product owners, local or regional government compliance personnel and staff to ensure the highest level of customer service and compliance
- Attend Client Business Reviews to present and gather feedback from clients.
Cost Control and Revenue Growth
- Manage and maintain operational excellence for Customs Brokerage
- Partner with business units, Air & Ocean product teams and sales teams to enhance customer value and expand business
- Market all current and future Trade Services Products to include but not limited to: Consulting, Brokerage Programs, Reconciliation, Post Entry Services, Drawback/Recon, Security Programs, Post Entry Services, Learning, Technology, and Import Compliance Programs
- Expand the volume and profitability of service delivered within the customer portfolio
- Execute on monthly targets and controls as defined by country and regional leadership
- Ensure compliance with internal and external controls and KPI’s set at the global and regional levels
- Attend local, regional or national training classes or conferences as directed by the product and region/branch management to enhance skills and retain industry knowledge
- Perform department audits and develop a consistent measurable audit program to ensure complaint processes and complaint behaviour
- Ensure continued education requirements are met to meet license requirements.
Supervise work assignments, training, and performance management of direct personnel and provide mentoring to other direct reports, supervisory managers
Intermediate Excel skills, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledgeable in DSV products and tools used to service clients and manage a department
Education and/or Experience
- Must possess strong knowledge and understanding of the customs clearance, government regulations security, freight forwarding business and be able to identify areas of operational, financial, and people improvement
- College degree preferred, but a combination of equivalent and education experience may be substituted
- Licensed Customs Broker Required
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Romulus