The Customs Brokerage Entry Agent is responsible for working in our Customs Brokerage Department to process import shipments and customs brokerage for our customers.
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all functions required by the brokerage department to service the client
- Performs functions including troubleshooting and problem-solving to provide exceptional customer service
- Performs daily follow up on all open issues with the client, carrier, forwarder, CBP, or PGA to resolve any delays in entry processing
- Manages all aspects of the entry process from receipt of documents or data to delivery, billing and scanning.
- Audits commercial documents for accuracy, and verifies description, value, term of sale, country of origin, classification, and all areas required by CBP and any and all PGA’s
- Enters all required data accurately into Hellmann’s brokerage system to complete the entry and achieve full release with CBP and PGA.
- Coordinates with the origin station, supplier or third party to process the Importer Security Filing (ISF) on behalf the importer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position does not supervise any direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to three years of previous experience in freight forwarding industry preferred
- Completion of any industry related course is an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES
- Organization skills
- Time management and prioritization
- Adaptable / flexible to high-pressured environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet
- Proficient in world geography, shipping documentation, and Incoterms preferred
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, and other percentages
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to stand, and walk
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods
- Regularly uses arms to reach, hands and fingers for computer and phone use
- Speaking clearly and listening for heavy phone contact
- Requires close-up and computer screen distance vision ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are similar to those of an office setting with various office equipment.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.