As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order and risk management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
- Maintain and develop a positive relationship with assigned accounts through pro-active
communication and providing timely and accurate information.
- Compile and prepare commercial regulatory document(s) for entry processing.
- Help create Customs forms and obtain Customs release of shipments.
- Coordinate and confirm release and delivery of all cargo while updating appropriate event codes.
- Deliver Exceptional Customer Service
- Pre-entry requirements
- Receive shipment notification
- Verify all charges due
- Surrender docs and payment to obtain freight release
- Review documents and prioritize
- Create entry/entry summary
- Submit required docs to customs
- Dispatch freight
- Confirm delivery
- Support the operations where needed
- Ensure customer profiles are updated and current for assigned accounts
- Self development – annually 52 hours of required training
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication skills
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, Windows, e-mail and various PC based software
- Willingness to learn and develop the Industry skills we are willing to share with the right
- Professionalism and Formality
- Sense of Urgency
- Attention to Detail
- Proven background of excellent attendance
- A candidate that understands our business and continuously works to meet and exceed our
customers’ expectations Brokerage License will drive a higher salary
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but equivalent professional work experience
with customer service focus will be considered.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program