Reporting directly to the Customs Supervisor, your role as a Customs Administrator will be to support all administrative activities within the customs department, playing a crucial role in collaborating with and enabling the servicing of both internal and external customers. In customs, our ultimate aim is to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Run all activities associated with processing customs documentation to include reviewing documentation received for accuracy and completeness.
- Process all data entry requirements ensuring that they are completed correctly and on time.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Working on internal bespoke computer systems as well as Microsoft Office.
- Resolution of customer queries and issues via email, telephone and video conferencing.
- General Administration Duties as and when required.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Ideally, you will have customs experience and / or experience of working in a forwarding or logistics environment. If your customs experience relates to procedures for European road logistics, that would be ideal.
- A focus on customer excellence.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain information.
- Strong planning, organisational and administrative skills; you’ll also have great attention to detail and will pride yourself on high quality standards.
- A true team player who is adaptable, solutions focused and also able to work on your own initiative.
- Strong customer service orientation and able to communicate clearly and effectively with an ability to build professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work at pace, to deadlines and able to prioritise your own workload effectively.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel.
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 78,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.