- Salary Offer £35,000
This is an exciting opportunity to join Europa Worldwide during a time of ambitious growth.
Europa Worldwide Group is the leading independent logistics firm and employs over 950 staff and was recently featured in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 for the second time.
We are currently recruiting for a Branch Customs Supervisor who will be responsible for the timely and accurate production of customs declarations for the shipments managed within the branch.
You will be directly responsible for the compliant production of UK import declarations, UK export declarations and the preparation of their corresponding French Import Declaration as produced by the branch team.
Main responsibilities include:
· Taking responsibility for the accurate and timely creation of UK import declarations (non-network shipments), UK export declarations and their corresponding French import declarations for jobs controlled within the UK Branch environment.
· Full responsibility to ensure that customers are compliant and that they will be required to audit client masterdata as part of their compliance role.
· Working with the team daily to ensure all tasks are completed to satisfaction and on time.
· Ensuring the branch personnel are adhering to the prescribed process and are performing the task to the highest level of compliance.
· Speaking to customers proactively, to assist them with their queries, sharing knowledge and expertise and instilling customer confidence.
· Trouble-shooting, problem solving and proactively managing the compliance of the entire process within the branch, working with all necessary elements of the Road Business to deliver compliance with the overall objective of achieving 100% compliance for all declarations created.
Our ideal candidate:
· +3 years’ operational customs experience, ideally at supervisory level, in a freight forwarding, customs broker, customs agency or a customs department inside your business’ environment.
· Excellent practical knowledge of customs processes and regimes at an operational level.
· People person, who can clearly communicate, verbally and in writing.
· Has the ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding of key principles for the role e.g. import/export procedures, tariff classification and duty structures, valuation, origin, export controls and specialist regimes (for example, CFSP, IPR, OPR or similar).
· Works effectively as part of a team, with a strong ethic to support and help in order to achieve team objectives as well as individual role objectives.
· A strong sense of responsibility and a hands-on approach – always striving to get the job done to satisfaction.
· Interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and results-driven individual with a solid background in customs and import declarations who will become the ‘go to’ person for all things customs related within the branch.
What you can expect from us:
· Competitive salary package (negotiable depending on experience), plus end of year bonus.
· Europa benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period) – offers and discounts on latest technology, vouchers, gym membership etc.
· The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
· A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
· Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
· 24 days holidays
· Contributory company pension scheme.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £35,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Customs: 1 year (Required)