The Customer Service Specialist, Carrier Sales is an integral part of the DSV Road US team’s freight brokerage operations. They assist with the building and development of relationships with carriers and customers by providing exceptional customer service. They ensure that correct information is provided to carriers and clients, while accurately tracking various shipment pick-ups and deliveries to their final delivery destination.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Develops carrier relationships in order to effectively support customers.
- Maintains and grows relationships with carrier accounts.
- Ensures problem resolution; including identifying issues, applying critical thinking to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions.
- Has daily contact with carriers to determine availability while negotiating transportation rates.
- Provides consistent and exceptional customer service levels to carriers and customers.
- Researches new carriers within the market, generates leads, and develops new carrier relationships.
- Makes cold and warm calls to current and potential clients to promote business growth and development.
- Studies and understands seasonal market trends.
- Handles dispatch operations with carriers and drivers.
- Tracks shipment from pickup through delivery so that accurate, up-to-date information can be provided regarding shipments.
Minimum required qualifications
Education / Experience
- High School diploma.
- 1 years’ experience in a logistics, brokerage, or customer service field.
Skills, Knowledge & abilities required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Solid analytical experience in Excel required
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Position requires strong mathematical skills for project development
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a sense of urgency
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in using a Windows-based computer
- Great phone presence and effective interpersonal communication skills
Education / Experience
- 6 months’ industry experience
- Experience with Transportation management software a plus
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Torrance