Customer Service/ Operations Agent – Carson – USA
- This position will support the movement of freight by managing daily truck operations from Carson, CA to Expeditors’ North American network of offices/warehouses.
- This position is located within a warehouse facility and will primarily be computer work with some interaction with freight as needed.
- The position will require phone and email communication with Expeditors employees, trucking companies, and other strategic service providers.
Typical Daily Tasks & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the loading and recovery of cargo
- Prepare paperwork for the transfer of freight within the network including load manifests and bills of lading.
- Manage system updates.
- Identify potential operational delays and capacity constraints in the ground network.
- Record system delays and perform root analysis as necessary.
- As needed examine freight for damage or exceptions
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must not require future sponsorship for employment Visa
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Must have the ability to work overtime in support of the department’s needs
- Must be able to commute to the city of Carson, CA
- Comfortable with numbers and basic mathematical skills
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, and familiarity with PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize throughout the workday while remaining focused and organized to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Has a demonstrated strong work ethic, and reliability
- Undergraduate Degree preferred
- Experience in warehousing or freight terminal experience preferred
- Familiar with 10-key
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Carson