Qualified candidates must be bi-lingual in Japanese and English.
The Customer Service Coordinator manages Ocean Import shipments ensuring effective customer service, accurate shipment processing, timely deliveries and troubleshooting errors.
The position is located in either the Import or Export department of “super” or “large” sized branches in the International Division of YLA.
Responsibilities Act as the primary point of customer contact in the assigned account:
- Primarily responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by utilizing in-depth knowledge of operational (import or export) processes.
- Manage customer relationship in assigned accounts.
- Proactively provide shipment status and notify customers of any delays regarding arrival, delivery or dispatch of shipments.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are available for each account serviced. Follow SOP in performance of all operational processes.
Coordinate timely shipments at optimal cost and to customer satisfaction:
- Proactively ensure current pricing information is available for all shipments before making necessary bookings.
- Co-ordinate with overseas offices, agents, customers and domestic vendors for timely shipments in assigned accounts.
Problem Resolution :
- Address customer concerns, trouble shoot errors, provide timely feedback on service failures and follow up on escalations.
- Review exception reports regularly, identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Bilingual Japanese/English required.
- High School Diploma or GED plus three more years’ related experience in air and ocean Import or Export operations is required.
- Knowledge of import /export regulations, domestic transportation modes and providers is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrate ability to provide great customer service.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies quickly enough to make intelligent decisions.
- Outstanding problem solving and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work around deadlines
- Must be able to work effectively and contribute value with limited direction.
- Demonstrate ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on corporate goals
- Ability to communicate in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of internal staff and entry level customer contacts.
- Ability to prioritize and work around deadlines.
- Ability to remain professional, confident and patient at all times.
- Must be a team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft — Word, Excel and Power Point
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.