The Customer Service Coordinator manages Air and Ocean Import or Export shipments ensuring effective customer service, accurate shipment processing, timely deliveries and troubleshooting errors.
The position is located in either the Import or Export department of “super” or “large” sized branches in the International Division of YLA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Act as the primary point of customer contact in the assigned account
- Primarily responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by utilizing in-depth knowledge of operational (import or export) processes.
- Manage customer relationship in assigned accounts.
- Proactively provide shipment status and notify customers of any delays regarding arrival, delivery or dispatch of shipments.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are available for each account serviced. Follow SOP in performance of all operational processes.
Coordinate timely shipments at optimal cost and to customer satisfaction
- Proactively ensure current pricing information is available for all shipments before making necessary bookings.
- Co-ordinate with overseas offices, agents, customers and domestic vendors for timely shipments in assigned accounts.
- Address customer concerns, trouble shoot errors, provide timely feedback on service failures and follow up on escalations.
- Review exception reports regularly, identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Provide back-up support in assigned departments
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma plus three more years’ related experience in air and ocean Import or Export operations is required.
- Knowledge of import /export regulations, domestic transportation modes and providers is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Competencies, Working Skills and Attributes:
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for customer services.
- Knowledge of import and export regulations, domestic transportation modes and providers.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with YLA Core Competencies: Problem Solving & Decision Making, Accountability & Responsibility, Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork, Customer Focus.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ College Park