- Salary offer ▵ Circa $100,000 p/a
The Import Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the work of Entry Writers. The Supervisor ensures that shipments are custom cleared and transported to destinations according to customers’ requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the functions of Entry Writers: prioritizing work, determining schedules, assigning daily tasks, establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet changing demands, ensuring optimum efficiency of all Entry Writing activities
- Supervise and assist in daily import activities including auditing files for accurate documentation (customs, operation and accounting), ensuring timely and accurate payment of duty payment(s).
- Reports customer complaints and escalated shipping problems (i.e., delayed, missing, or damaged freight; strikes; embargoes, etc.) to management and participates in problem resolution planning.
- Executes plans directed by management in resolving complaints, timeliness of work completion, and re-prioritizing of work flow in critical situations. Provides up-to-date freight status and arranges special trucking for specific “hot” freight.
- Oversees billing processes, coordinates collections and resolves major billing problems;
- Reviews and updates customer profiles, reviews and updates rate structures, supports the sales department with customer information, rates etc.
- Supervises Entry Writers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities according to the organization’s management policies, procedures and any applicable laws. Responsibilities include determining staffing needs , hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, providing on going feedback , conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED plus three to five years of relevant experience in Customs Brokerage business. 1+ year of previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have knowledge of import operations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Our client offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Chicago