Tasks & Responsibilities
- Primary point of liaison with the Flagship Account and serving as customer’s global point of contact on all integrated transport business-related matters.
- Ensure profitable business growth as well as business retention and therefore accountable for the agreed customer related overall growth rate
- Aligning with BU / Heads on business opportunities and ensuring appropriate business support
- Build business platform that support the integrated solution customer expects between Schenker contract logistics and global transportation
- Process, steer and monitor DB Schenker Logistics onboarding process for new customer business and report actively about implementation progress to all involved stakeholders
- Match customers development strategy against DB Schenker Logistics capabilities and evolve dedicated long-term customer development plan
- Reporting annual planning for growth of business with the account
- Establishing DB Schenker Logistics internal customer related reporting system (revenue, volume, GP, DSO, AR, quality KPIs) on all regular and exceptional customer activities as well as respective quality assurance activities in line with agreed budget targets.
- Responsible for the global account management of the Flagship Account
- Active and proactive customer relationship management on all management level including regular meetings with customer’s management as well as other regular communications
- Regular DB Schenker Logistics internal alignment meetings with effected heads of vertical markets, management regions and business unit informing them about the present customer relationship and the planned future customer activities
- Jointly creating annual financial budget and development plan for the Flagship Account with Head of the Account.
- Aligning with and involving the Account Head in the strategic development and important business opportunities of the account
Details/Specification/Explanation of the role specific skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Generally, prefer 10+ years of related experience.
- Experience in managing relationships with large Key Accounts on global level, including typical associated duties and tasks such as: top level negotiations, steering RFQs/RFPs/RFIs, budget planning and customer strategy, management of overdue payments, contract management, internal alignments etc.
- Experience in managing and convincing multiple stakeholders with different interests and agendas in a truly global and complex client organization.
- Knowledge of main customer markets, such as low/medium voltage products, automation solutions, robotics or transformers.
- Product knowledge in the subjects of transportation and logistics, incl. warehousing and Supply Chain Management.
- Good knowledge of DB Schenker in order to manage internal processes and conflicts as well as to drive alignment processes with different stakeholders from operations to top management.
- Experience in managing large scale projects, ideally experience in steering a significant EDI/Carrier Integration project.
- Experience in managing innovative business opportunities in a greenfield approach.
- Capability to manage, steer and solve operational issues, e.g. escalations or continuous improvement initiatives.
- Good financial and analytical skills.
- Fluent business English (spoken and written). Other language skills are a plus.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong leadership skills to inspire, guide and support the global KAM team.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Miami