Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage overall account relationships for multinational customers to ensure excellent customer service during implementation, the transition to operations and ongoing maintenance of the account.
- Partner with other sales professionals globally to orchestrate an account sales strategy
- Primary point of liaison with customer on all business-related matters pertaining to overall business process & implementation, including new potential business, commercial issues, scope of agreement, business improvements, & ongoing performance
- Maintain overview of the account status at all times and report as required using agreed tools.
- Strategically partner with other departments (e.g. Product Development teams and Corporate/Regional Staff and Operations teams) to ensure continual, consistent service and growth
- Internal communication to key management to ensure clarity and alignment of all resources and infrastructure to support sales and profit goals and customer operating requirements
- Participate in global and/or regional strategic review of the business structure (resourcing, sales support, internal business processes, customer relationship management) with regional and country operations and staff leaders
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews with the customer and regional and country operations and staff leaders
- Establish business Key Performance Indicators and benchmarks. Use these indicators to drive internal process improvements
- Achieve annual sales and profit goals for multinational or large regional customers
- Responsible for customer profitability in conjunction with regional and country operations and staff leaders for transportation and supply chain services.
- Identification of Global Account targets and execute business development of targeted accounts.
- Respond to complex and sensitive logistical issues and questions; create innovative and profitable solutions in tandem with specialized partners within the organization, i.e. Customs Brokerage, Ocean, Logistics, IT.
- Close new Global Accounts and increase Global Account Revenues, year over year.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Details/Specification/Explanation of the role specific skills
- This is a sales management position.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- (US specification only)
- Generally prefer 5-7 years of related sales or management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of regional (e.g. U.S. domestic) and international multi-model cargo operations required.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of accounting, logistics, pricing, and informational technology.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Miami