The Transportation Specialist collaborates with Sales and Product to ensure effective value and pricing rationale of our services. In addition, the position manages and maintains our carrier services and rate portfolio of Local and Global Delivery Providers.
What are you going to do?
- Utilize strong knowledge of operations and carrier relationship to assist in transportation support
- Peak support
- Carrier Forecasting
- Pricing: transportation and profitability analysis
- Network Analysis
- Shipwire Transportation Questions response
- XML Transportation updates for the platform rate engine
- New Carrier rating implementation on the platform
- Ad-hoc pricing and transportation inquiries
- GRI platform implementation
- Jira maintenance
- Care Q&A
- Platform transportation initiatives
- Shipsurance Support
- Carrier payment support
- Support new account launches “on-site” with carriers in your region
- Work cross functionally in structuring and executing analyses required to develop pricing recommendations.
- Develop and analyze and implement new customer pricing strategies
- Utilize strong knowledge of Excel to assist in pricing calculations and provide pricing analytic support
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes and methods are followed
- Investigate carrier charges and create preventive measures either in platform XMLs or understanding WMS operations shortcomings. Example, non-machinable charges
- Profitability recovery analysis
What are we looking for?
Education & Experience
- 2 years of experience supporting and/or managing pricing decisions, including forecasting, and pricing analysis in logistics industry
- Strong knowledge of transportation industry
- Innovative individual who can devise strategies and execute plans; able to interact with all levels both internally and externally
- Adaptable, proactive personality style that can prioritize, quickly adapt to changing conditions, and execute autonomously to closure
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret the numbers for business meaning and application
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to follow through with tasks to their conclusion
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimum supervision
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Santa Clara