The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
- Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments.
Orderly stacking of product.
- Picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
- Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Maintain product locator system. Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
- Rotate product as appropriate.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA an MSDS standards.
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
- Must be familiar with international shipping and documentation
Your Skills and Experiences
- Must have three (3) years experience in a warehouse environment, one (1) in a supervisory role
- Experience with shipping, receiving and inventory control
- Successful communication – written and verbal • Establish priorities and multi-task
- Possess professional business demeanour
- Experience with personal computers and materials handling equipment
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
With over 74000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.