Responsible for Warehouse compliance for all facilities in region. Supports Employee, Facility and Cargo safety protocols in all regional locations. Audit SOP’s to assure compliance in process for local offices. Lead local Warehouse managers in Safety and Security training. Lead incident reporting and follow up. Ensure and audit that Temporary employees follow all security and safety protocols. Support CORP team in new facility openings within Region. Support Warehouse Management system Team scanning needs and enhancements. Look for and recommend cost reduction opportunities to local management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure and audit compliance for CTPAT and Dangerous Goods in all regional facilities.
- Support and lead Investigations of Over, Short and Damage including theft.
- Proactive Risk Management.
- Audit policies and procedures ensuring all established policies and procedures are followed by warehouse staff.
- Recommend and support maintenance programs of facilities and equipment.
- Perform required administrative tasks; prepare required incident reports and correspondence.
- Develop and support safety program training for warehouse staff.
- Support Customer Audits.
- Develop cost reduction initiatives for labour and supplies.
- Ability to present & train staff on systems, process, WMS enhancements when needed.
- Support Local management and business development as needed.
Education & Work Experience
- 3-5 years related experience or equivalent
- BA/BS Degree (Criminology, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Engineering) or equivalent an asset
- Working knowledge of WMS and TMS
- Proficient in MS Office software – Excel, Power Point, MS Word, Outlook and Smart-Sheets
- In depth knowledge of warehouse operations and best practices in freight forwarding industry
- Commitment to excellence and high standard
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in all Warehouse duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Chicago