- Salary offer ▵ $50,000 - $52,000 p/a
Under the direction of the Collections Supervisor the Collections Specialist for our GKAM Team is responsible for the collection of the outstanding accounts receivables for global accounts. This position works closely with our clients and internal departments to expedite customer payments, resolve customer disputes and issues related to payment ultimately increasing cash flow through root cause analysis and resolution.
- Manage collections for multi-million-dollar account portfolios.
- Communicate effectively with customers and internal departments (verbally and in writing) to ensure collection of outstanding receivables.
- Maintain portfolio balances within corporate guidelines and escalate in a timely manner as needed.
- Work closely with Operations Management and Coordinators to review detailed, sometimes complex client contracts to ensure proper account set-up and billing.
- Assist in managing customer portals and EDI billing.
- Provide customers with statements of account and invoices as requested.
- Keep meticulous notes regarding collections efforts.
- Resolve customer discrepancies, claims or nonpayment issues
- Perform root-cause analysis and be able to present findings (verbally and in writing).
- Raise issues to Billing and Sales Administration.
- Process credit card transactions, refunds, adjustments and recommend write offs as needed.
- Prepare required documentation and reports for placing accounts with third party collections agents.
- Generate aging and status reports
- Provide cross training and coverage for other Collection Specialists as needed.
- Special projects as directed by Management.
- Detailed oriented
- Must be able to multi-task
- Works well with a team
- Supports and exhibits behavior consistent with the company’s culture
- Acts with diplomacy as a representative of Finance Department.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Two (3) years of experience in credit and collections.
- Must demonstrate ability to use Microsoft applications specifically advanced Excel
- Associate’s Degree or post high school education/training preferred.
- Must be professional in appearance and manner.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- SAP a strongly preferred
- Required to interact professionally with customers as well as internal departments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Shipping experience preferred by not required
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Atlanta