- Salary Offer £37,000
Simarco Worldwide Logistics is a family owned, award-winning distribution company providing a range of collection and delivery services throughout mainland UK. Established in 1997, we operate a large, wholly owned fleet of vehicles providing nationwide and local distribution.
We are currently recruiting for Class 1 Night Driver based from our Witham, Essex depot. It is a full-time, permanent role.
The role will involve delivery and collection of customer goods.
Main duties will include:
- Delivery and collection of customers’ freight as assigned by the Transport Office to and from defined Hub locations.
- Supervise the loading of your vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Ensure the correct goods and quantity of goods are loaded and unloaded.
- Plan your route in the most cost and operationally effective manner.
- Present, process and return customers Delivery Notes (where applicable).
- Secure and return Proof of Delivery advice notes (POD) electronic and/or manual (where applicable).
- Inform the Transport Office or Distribution Hub (whichever is open) of any delays to or whilst at work.
- Maintain your vehicle (inside and out) in a clean and very tidy condition.
- Greet all customers and Hub employees you meet in a polite and helpful manner and provide excellent customer service.
- Refuel your vehicle daily in accordance with Company Procedure.
Experience / Skills required:
- Class I (C+E) Licence
- Valid Driver CPC
- Experience of LGV Class I driving for at least 5 years
- Vehicle weights and legal limits
- Drivers’ Hours and Working Time Directive Regulations
- Road Traffic Laws
- Construction and Use Regulations
- Effective communicator
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reliable and dependable
- Accepts responsibility and responsible tasks
- Team player.
- Basic 50hrs per week, Mon to Fri. Start times can range from 1700 – 1900 hrs depending on requirements
- Thereafter O/T.
Salary and Benefits details:
- Basic salary £31,590 per annum with earnings potential in the region of £37,000 including overtime and attendance bonus
- 30 days annual holiday, including Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Modern uniform and company paid PPE
- Continuous training, including Driver CPC.
**No agencies please**
Reference ID: NT/WTH
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £37,000.00 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- 10 hour shift
All drivers are issued with Covid safety packs including masks, hand gels, gloves and wipes. The interviews will be carried out in line with government guidelines on social distancing.
- driving HGV1: 5 years (required)
- Class 1 licence (required)
- Driver CPC (required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place