To be successful in this job, you will need a C1 driving licence as you will be driving vehicles of 7.5 tonnes or over.
We deliver almost anything virtually anywhere in the world at UPS. Every package that comes into our care is on a journey. At whichever end of that journey it comes into your hands, Future You makes sure it gets where it needs to be, when it needs to be there. Because when you put on a UPS uniform and drive one of our instantly recognisable brown vehicles, you’re responsible for delivering our brand too. That means going the extra mile all day, every day.
You’re comfortable planning and prioritising. But you can think on your feet too. So whatever the job demands, you’ll be ready for it, look the part and know what it takes to play it well. If you can do this, our training will help drive your potential as far as it can take you.
What you’ll get:
- £12.46 per hour, rising to £15.33
- Benefits ranging from a company pension scheme to corporate discount programme
- We have a ‘promotion from within policy’ to make sure talent gets where it deserves
The safety of our people, our customers and our community is our priority. As well as receiving industry leading Health and Safety training relevant to your role, rest assured that we have implemented stringent safety measures in all of our facilities during the ongoing Coronavirus climate. These include contactless deliveries to allow for social distancing, more frequent facility deep cleaning and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on the job and in your vehicle.
What you’ll do:
- 40 hours per week, plus overtime when required; with start times ranging from 7am to 8am
- Collect and deliver time-sensitive packages weighing up to 70kgs
- Plan and prioritise your day; doing whatever it takes to deliver
- Carry out daily safety checks on your UPS vehicle; record hours worked and out on the road
- Make sure paperwork is complete and payment processed where appropriate
What you’ll need:
- A good level of driving experience, plus a full, clean C1 driving licence to legally drive a vehicle of 7.5 tonnes or over
- Experience in a similar customer-facing role would be a definite plus
- Ability to work flexibly, methodically and under pressure
- Self-starting, team player with a friendly, can-do attitude
- Customer focus, pride in appearance (we have guidelines), professional approach
- Either own or be prepared to get a digital tachograph card
How we recruit:
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.