The Business development manager (BDM) is responsible for increasing gross profit and market share while developing ongoing relationships with new and existing customers. The BDM will pursue opportunities from national companies among various vertical markets.
- Utilize market data and develop sales strategies to increase the Silver and Gold accounts customer base
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of products and services offered by the company
- Travel throughout assigned territory to meet with regular and prospective customers
- Able to develop and maintain strong business relationships
- Provide pricing, credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained
- Provide activity reports and sales plans for the assigned territory
- Actively participate in aggressive sales and skills training
- Adhere to all requirements outlined in the Sales Policy
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of transportation industry logistics and freight forwarding
- Thorough knowledge of successful sales techniques
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Must have valid driver’s license
Education & experience
- College degree preferred
- 5-7 years successful sales experience in freight forwarding, logistics and or transportation industry
- Experience with CRM system
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Follow the Company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
Definition of accounts
Base – yearly gross profit – Less than €25,000
Silver – yearly gross profit – €25,001 – €50,000
Gold – yearly gross profit – €50,001 – €100,000
Platinum – yearly gross profit – over €100,000
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ EUR
- Job town/city ▵ Roissy