DHL currently has an opportunity available for a Business Development Manager for Industrial Projects.Based in Houston, TX the Business Development Manager must have a strategic mindset, winning attitude and a proven track record for growing business and developing people.
You will discover the excitement of being a valued partner to existing customers and leveraging relations to expand the business.You will collaborate with other key members of the DHL team to further enhance the customer experience while ensuring we have a strong strategy to grow market share across the territory.
How will you contribute to the success of DHL?
As a passionate Industrial Project expert, you will use your skill, influence and enthusiasm to:
- Aggressively seek and initiate new business relationships with non-buying accounts that have been targeted by the company within Oil & Gas, EPC, Mining and/or renewable energy etc.
- Solicit and maintain favorable contacts with potential key accounts.
- Identify decision makers and work to understand strategic business challenges and priorities.
- Develop sales plans that support increased sales from targeted prospects by utilizing available DHL resources.
- Manage overall prospect relationships, including dealing with prospects’ highest buying levels and coordinating the activities of prospect-focused teams.
- Identify business opportunities, assess prospective customer needs, and match these with DHL’s services to acquire new business.
- Partner with local, district, and regional management to coordinate customer requests and services that are being promoted.
Do you have what it takes? Job requirements
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years Sales in Freight Forwarding and/or two years of operational experience.
- Experience with Industrial Projects including in-depth knowledge with Oil & Gas, EPC, Mining and/or renewable energy projects.
- Experience with logistics processes, systems and solutions.
- Solid PC operational knowledge along with Microsoft Office applications experience
- Knowledge of international commercial transportation (air and ocean freight required)
- Bachelor degree desired
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away from work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading Logistics Company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight is the Group’s air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally. Over 42,000 employees are employed by DGFF in approximately 150 countries around the world. Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers’ increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
Our Vision:The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission:Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose:We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values:Respect & Results
Our Goals:Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer.We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.