- Salary Offer $75,000 - $100,000
EXPERIENCE WITHIN A SIMILAR ROLE FOR A FREIGHT FORWARDING COMPANY IS A MUST, A BOOK OF BUSINESS IS PREFERABLE!
Our client is a freight forwarding and logistics company located at Chicago, IL with a vast global network of exclusive agents, they can cater to every logistical requirement anywhere, anytime.
Their primary objective is to provide its valued customers with premium service solutions & competitive pricing via Road, Sea & Air transport modules
This vacancy offers you an exciting career opportunity as a “Business Development Manager” with an international reach to further expand your experience and grow your book of business alongside a reputable company. The competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes health insurance & 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off.
Job Description / Key Responsibility
- Manage customer and budget base; pursue and secure business in line with objectives set forth
- Integration of existing customers from current work place, by the market segment.
- Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing / identifying needs and suggesting solutions to help customers.
- Build a good understanding of target customers focusing on contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business, contract information, exceptions, and service requirements.
- Provide personalized service and build relationships with customers, identify current and future customer requirements. (air, ocean, import, and export products to strengthen service competitiveness)
- Build understanding of all service offerings to be able to offer integrated solutions.
- Communicate significant trends, rate changes and policies to respective accounts.
- Research and understand territory to identify and establish business contacts with potential customers
- Act as a liaison with Custom Brokers and agents, along with Ocean and Air Terminal Operators
- Respond to all sales leads/key correspondence within identified timelines.
- Research and analyze competitive and industry trends (e.g. analyze sales statistics, prepare reports, study material regarding new and existing services, and monitor sales, prices and services of competitors); recommend appropriate measures.
- Prepare and communicate weekly pre – plan sales calls to manager; maintain active contact list for clients.
- Maintain timely rate filing protocols
- Ensure Operations Management tool is updated regularly
The ideal candidate must possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn.
The position requires great people skills, ambition, and integrity.
The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
The successful candidate will manage customer relationships and performance, focus on growth in targeted areas, secure new customers and work well in a team environment, while being responsible for individual results.
If you think you have the skills and experience for the vacancy, then please contact me on 470 481 5364, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me through linkedin.