Responsible for providing consultative support to guide and facilitate strategic business objectives. Drive and manage the financial and planning processes, oversee the development of financial models and analysis schedules, perform complex statistical, cost and financial analysis of financial reports, monthly operational results and data, and prepare summary narrative analyses for management to support and measure the business unit(s) financial performance. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
What are you going to do?
- Responsible for ensuring the completeness, accuracy, timeliness and validity of all accounting transactions for the Sector/Vertical are recorded and reported to US Corporate Finance in accordance with Global FP&A and Business Control requirements.
- Prepare annual budget and quarterly forecasts for Sector/Vertical in conjunction with Product Leader and contract management.
- Provide leadership, guidance and financial advice to Sector/Vertical and business unit management teams on existing business, forecast and budget and monthly operating results regarding station, financial, operating and system issues.
- Coordinate the monthly preparation of the Sector/Vertical’s management business review and participates in presentation to Regional MD and FD.
- Review and approve revenue and cost transactions over the business unit level threshold such as invoice corrections, large revenue billings, workflow and permanent prepayments.
- Assist in resolving IC issues and disputes and billing issues
- Critically appraise and assess investment (capex) submissions from the business units to ensure that the proposal is in line with GHO corporate and division policy and fits into the regional strategic direction
- Perform research and analysis to provide management with both financial and non-financial data and recommendations for use in setting and realizing profit objectives and to determine present and future financial performance.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls at the direction of the US Corporate Finance.
- Assist Sector/Vertical leader with cost reduction initiatives.
- Perform post investment reviews on investment decisions, identifying and understanding reasons for any deviations from initial submission.
- Implement improved cash flow initiatives.
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff (2 direct reports, 2 dotted lines) and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
What are we looking for?
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field
- Three years related experience
- Minimum three years industry experience.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- CFM (Certified Financial Manager)
- CFP (Certified Financial Professional)
- Knowledge in Qlik and business intelligence tools development would be a plus
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Experienced in financial management (P&L’s, Balance Sheets, forecasting and budgets) to effectuate return on investment.
- Proficient in project management methodologies with a focus on managing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals and demonstrated success in problem solving through use of data and information metrics and improvement to performance process.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Capable of communicating and interacting effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds and effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Manages complex or emotional customer situations promptly and professionally meeting commitments for service and assistance and maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
- Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, organization, presentation and negotiating skills and uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Houston