Yusen Logistics is working to become the world’s preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities – through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we’re dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world’s preferred choice.
We are looking for a Branch Manager – Manchester and East Midlands to be based in Manchester (M22 4TE).
The Branch Manager will develop and manage the Manchester and East Midlands branches in an effective and profitable manner. The manager will deliver clear operational direction, leadership and development to the branches’ operations team. The position holder will enhance client service delivery to ensure all service level targets are consistently achieved and identify new business opportunities that increase margin contribution from current clients, including adopting a Key Account Management approach to +£100k revenue clients.
The role will offer the opportunity to work remotely up to 3 days per week (subject to business requirements).
1. Operations Management
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements are in place, and complied with, for all business handled by the branch.
- Review and develop existing standards and KPI’s to improve cost and operational efficiencies
- Work with the local Finance representative to ensure the financial reports for the branch are reflective of activity and target improvements.
- To ascertain and identify areas for productivity & cost improvement, by utilising the information from the operating system.
- Manage the performance & cost of the external suppliers to the branch.
- Ensure all professional certifications are maintained and adherence to company policy
- Monitor and audit branch operations to ensure compliance.
- Full responsibility and accountability for both the operational and commercial function of the branch.
2. Customer Service
- Be the point of contact with the customer/overseas office for any escalated operational queries.
- Develop & drive the branches client development process with a target to increase the revenue/gross margin, maximise opportunities and achieve branch operational budget.
- To provide support to clients and overseas offices with technical advice, to achieve client satisfaction.
- Attend client sales visits as required by the Business Development Manager.
- To monitor client credit limits and pursue aged debtors as required.
3. Team Management
- Line management of the branches’ operations team of 9
- Engage and motivate the Freight Forwarding team through documenting a programme of personal development, one-to-one support and succession planning.
- Recruit, manage and develop the operational team to meet the needs of the business.
- Experience in freight forwarding (ocean and/or air), including import and export operations
- Knowledge of International Supply Chains and customs processes
- Experience in leading commercial negotiations
- Experience in building and leading highly performing teams
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent stakeholder management and customer service skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a professional attitude
- Proactive approach and excellent problem-solving skills
- PC Skills: Microsoft Office, finance systems, Yunas & FCL Operating Systems
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Yusen Logistics is an equal opportunities employer, who encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their personal circumstances. We make our recruiting decisions solely based on the skillset and experience. Diversity allows us to create an inclusive environment, where our employees can strive and grow their potential.