The Branch Manager has responsibility to drive profitable financial performance for their branch. The major role is one of business leadership, for both the operational and sales departments. The purpose of this role is to ensure profitable growth (volume and gross profit), increase operational margins, operational excellence, productivity, customer satisfaction, employee development and leadership as well as customer retention.
Primary duties & responsibilities
- Responsible for operational, financial, facilities and developmental requirements of the branch.
- Responsibility over budget and business performance of their branch
- Actively drives sales growth for the branch
- Sets priorities of the branch to optimise the outcomes of KPIs
- Sets and manages branch’s operational process, operational efficiency and administration
- Develops people capability and performance
- Ensures annual budgets for the branch in collaboration with Finance and hold accountable for delivering through P&L and branch management
- Creates and develops logistics management activities to ensure excellent customer service and value adding to existing customers.
- Continually enhances the working processes to enable best practice with lowest resource/financial impact
- Makes sure front line to manage the selling and other engagement process with customers in order to maximize the profitability
- Partners with Toll network to increase gross profit and volume in the branch
- Ensures all accounts receivables and payable following company guidelines and related issues being resolved
- Actively drives new products/business to ensure correct processes in place
- Maintains service credibility within the branch
- Evaluates staff performance through the Toll PAR process
- Interviews new staff members and recommend candidates for hire, if needed
- Disciplinary responsibility over Import/Export department
- Decides and enforces corrective measures to ensure operational excellence
- Actively supports the company’s goals and strategies, and providing recommendations upwards
- Ensures compliance with company safety and health standards
- Accountable for leadership in driving One Toll and The Toll Way
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in logistics/freight forwarding industry and at least two (2) years’ management level experience.
- Thorough understanding of Import/Export compliance, regulations and procedures
- Thorough understanding of Ocean Export contracts
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Grapevine