Branch Manager/DFW – Grapevine, TX
Team Worldwide is looking to add a Branch Manager to our DFW team in Grapevine, TX!
Team is a worldwide, yet locally-minded business with the resources to offer global control of our clients’ product movement. As a multi-year recipient of the Logistics Management Quest for Quality Award in Freight Forwarding, the Team Worldwide commitment makes every delivery like a trip around the corner—no matter where that corner is.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the Dallas branch. This includes revenue growth, service, operations excellence and profit and loss (P&L) responsibility. Developing, mentoring and staffing the local team into a cohesive unit is one of the critical components of success. Additional areas of responsibility are detailed below.
- Revenue Growth – Goal is to achieve a revenue base averaging at least $500,000 of gross revenue per month of profitable business. Diversification of products (air, ocean, domestic, imports, exports and warehousing). Meet or exceed acceptable margins based on product portfolio.
- Sales Team – Hire, manage and direct a productive sales team consisting of up to three logistics sales representatives, supported by an inside customer service team. Staffing options include base salary, sales incentive and 100% commissioned sales staff.
- Operational Teams – Manage, train and coach an operational team, customer service team and Global Service Center. All employees need to be trained in Team NAV, provide pro-active communication (Internal & External) and be held accountable to Team’s policy and procedures. Departments need to operate as a cohesive unit.
- Best of Class – As the only corporate owned branch, the ultimate goal is to make sure DFW operates as best of class.
- Work environment – Ensure a clean, properly organized, safe, healthy, professional, and Team branded facility for all personnel.
- Collections – Ensure proper accounts receivable collections procedures are adhered to with a goal of 10% open A/R over 90 days.
- KPIs – Drive key performance indicators to 95% of goal– improvement through a collaborative approach with all employees.
- Cartage – Manage and operate cartage operation for both local business and network business. Cartage operation should operate at a margin of 8 to 10%.
- Test Environment – as a corporate owned branch, the opportunity will exist for the branch to be used a “pilot” for new initiatives and programs. The approach needs to be open minded, willing to participate and innovative.
- Profitability – Return the branch to profitability.
This position reports to the Director of Logistics Centers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of experience in logistics, international transportation, and/or freight forwarding (operations, sales or combination).
- Proven track record in leading domestic and international operations and/or sales efforts.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal and international laws and regulations (Federal Maritime Commissions, Interstate Commerce Commission, customs, environmental, import/export, maritime, human resources).
- Demonstrated strong leadership, business planning, financial analysis, negotiation, and customer satisfaction skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective organization and project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a business environment characterized by complexity, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Excellent change management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve customer complaints and problems and restore or maintain business.
This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer.